editors: Let's profile our reviewers! (was Re: Short getting-to-know-talk for WN)

Subject: Let's profile our reviewers! (was Re: Short getting-to-know-talk for WN)
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2003 00:56:08 -0000

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:49, Machtelt Garrels wrote:
> Is it possible to get each of the new reviewers to present themselves in a
> couple of lines, and have them send a little picture of themselves to me?
> I'd like to include that in a weekly news article.
> I wonder btw how many actual reviewers we have?  Maybe we can do the
> existing ones in another edition of WN?  What do you think?

I think that's a great idea!

I'm cc'ing this to the reviewers.  All of you who are subscribed and
actively reviewing, please "Reply All" (I want copies too!).  Please
tell us whether you are a technical reviewer, language reviewer or both,
and a little about yourself, along with a photo if you have one.

We'll eventually have a database to put this info in, but in the
meantime, you all need some exposure so everyone knows we HAVE a review
team and can get to know you!

I would definitely like to see our reviewers profiled in an LWN
edition.  This is your chance for publicity, folks!  Speak up!

Incidentally there ARE benefits to doing this.  I was interviewed by the
Oregon Business Journal last week!  They're doing a feature on Linux,
and wanted to ask me some questions and quote me on some subjects.  It
was strange but fun to be interviewed, and had it not been for
volunteering with the LDP, it may have never happened.  The article
should be out in the middle of December; I'll forward a link when it
comes out!

(And thanks, Tille, for being the FIRST to interview me!)

Cheers!
Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall