editors: Let's profile our reviewers! (was Re: Short getting-to-know-talk for WN)

Subject: Re: Let's profile our reviewers! (was Re: Short getting-to-know-t alkfor WN)
From: "Jennifer Riley" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2003 15:09:58 -0000

Language reviewer for now, working on becoming a technical reviewer over time. Yesterday I mentioned to Tabatha I like polishing other people's writing; my core competencies are writing and editing. After earning a masters degree in English, I decided not to pursue a Ph.D. and instead signed up for many programming courses. I took Basic and Fortran when they were eight week courses in the business department; computer Science as an academic discipline had not yet been invented! I used DEC's Datatrieve and remember how magical everyone thought it was to sort social security numbers into ascending order. I have relocated once, so far, and live on the US East Coast. I located a good technical writing program. The day after I met the admission requirements, I learned I was going to Rome, Italy, on the basis of a technical report I edited. My teachers were supportive or miffed, depending on their world view. During my last minute in Rome I had a unique experience that I am trying
 to turn into a written account or novel, but I haven't figured out the words that capture the moment. No piccy available!

Regards,
Jennifer Riley