docbook: Forcing page breaks etc

Subject: Forcing page breaks etc
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2003 23:00:31 -0000

Hi all,

Someone I know who is fairly new to DocBook XML wanted to know something
I couldn't answer, so I thought I'd try here!

He wants to force page breaks when converting XML to RTF.  From what I
can tell, normally the page breaks are determined based on chapters and
sections.  He simply wants to break the page at the section level when
converting to RTF.  He advised it works fine converting to HTML of
course, but when converting to RTF (print) the sections in each chapter
are listed down the page in full, instead of page by page like the HTML
output.

He was also interested in finding out if there was any way to re-center
titles during conversion.  Again, I believe that's being affected by
something applied during the conversion process, but not sure how to
help.

There are other things too.  He wants to be able to make titles bold,
which I believe would mean editing his stylesheet, is that correct?  He
really only uses DocBook XML to generate tags around other data pulled
from elsewhere to create the document, so he's used to having regular
text formatting available.  He's not interested in trying to use
emphasis because he feels that bold would be more appropriate.

If anyone has thoughts on the above, I'd appreciate your input!

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com