discuss: who is responsible for the tldp.org domain name

Subject: Re: [discuss] who is responsible for the tldp.org domain name
From: Guylhem Aznar ####@####.####
Date: 7 Nov 2008 04:32:21 +0000

Hello

Don't worry, I have set up all this thinking precisely on the worst
that could happen.

The domain is registered for TLDP, which means in case of a dispute
(ex: I go evil and want it to make banner websites) TLDP gets it
I did however kept my email address to be informed about potential
problems (most of my old domains are stll valid, and I receive a lot
of spam due to this but I prefer making it easier for people to get in
touch with me)

Yet in some cases something happen (say I get stuck by a car, eaten by
a lion, whatever) this is my metalab email, managed by ibiblio - I'm
sure they can set a .forward until the domains things are arranged.

Initially I paid the domains as a gift for the LDP, after this sad
cybersquatting story by one of your owns, but I can't remember about
registrering for so long. Anyway my suggestion is to renew it every
years, to be able to think about it time to time. (you'd have to miss
7 renewals in a raw to fail!)

I have no problem keeping an eye on the domain, but please consider
giving this function to ibiblio (maybe set up a DNS-alarm mail alias?)

BTW, may I ask here if anyone from canada could try to discuss the
domain oeil.ca with the "current owner", whom I fear will refuse to
negociate will me directly (we have a history- I am trying to claim
back the name). I still have that email appearing in a lot of places,
and I would like people using it to be able to reach for me.
I will gladly cover the expenses if the offer is fair ; alternately I
could also donate a domains that may sale at a faire price, like
externe.com or mauvaise.info (french joke)

Guylhem

--
Dr. Guylhem Aznar, MD PhD

Unité d'Analyse Médico-Économique
Service de Santé Publique et d'Économie de la Santé
Pôle SPSSR
CHU de Fort de France
BP 632
97261 Fort De France Cedex