discuss: mirrors

Subject: Re: [discuss] Mirrors
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Nov 2008 06:41:57 +0000

Mail Lists a écrit :
> do I;
> 1 just mark these sites as no longer mirroring in the mirrors page, and email
> nobody?

now we are very late as of dealing with mirrors, so this is the first
step to take, with indication of the date of the notice. Then we will
try to solve the problem or identify it.

this can be fairly fast and then we may have a better look of the
situation and of the way to fix it

> 2 Or delete their entry completely from that page, and email nobody?

no. Better not delete it too fast

> 3 Or perhaps email the admin responsible (do we have addresses for each site
> or do we take contact details from the site or from a whois result if there
> are no details) and ask what has happened?

this is the best way. But we have to find the mail... because it was
not on the original page :-(

and we can't use the mail archives, because there in mails are removed
:-(. I will investigate this soon

> Also should any emails sent to admins come from a tldp.org address?  If so do
> I have access to a tldp mail account?

right now we don't have any tldp.org e-mail (AFAIK) - may be this is a
thing we can open, but this is not a priority

> checked out fine, except for one little niggle that I have been unable to
> puzzle out.  When clicking on the man page link,
>
> http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/www.tldp.org/docs.html#man

I will look at this

and thanks for the help, very appreciated

jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org