discuss: mirrors

Subject: Re: [discuss] Mirrors
From: Sven Grounsell ####@####.####
Date: 5 Nov 2008 21:09:22 +0000

Am Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:59:12 +0000
schrieb Mail Lists ####@####.####
> do I;
> 1 just mark these sites as no longer mirroring in the mirrors page,
> and email nobody?
> 2 Or delete their entry completely from that page, and email nobody?
> 3 Or perhaps email the admin responsible (do we have addresses for
> each site or do we take contact details from the site or from a whois
> result if there are no details) and ask what has happened?
>
> Also should any emails sent to admins come from a tldp.org address?
>  If so do I have access to a tldp mail account?

As far as I remember, I had to provide a mail-address, when I got
registered as running a mirror. On my behalf, I would expect a mail
from ####@####.#### or similar regarding administrative stuff (which this
matter would obviously be) about my mirror - and yes, I also would
prefer the 3rd method, because it could just be some temporary
technical problem with my site... Dunno, what TLDP's policy is.

But on the other hand, I believe, that I can remember some statement,
that "violations" whatsoever of being a correct mirror result in
delisting - which also would be reasonably fine to me. But I can quite
well be mistaken, there.

Regards,
Sven