wiki: Revision History & and periodical freezes

Subject: Re: [wiki] Revision History & and periodical freezes
From: "Robert Spencer" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Aug 2008 23:27:23 +0100

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
> Robert Spencer a écrit :
>
>> Yes, please don't have everything revolve around author co-operation,
>> they have let us down in the past and that's mostly because we aren't
>> thinking like a library.
>>
>> The LDP is a library and should be run as one, many of our problems
>> would be reduced if we did and we would be offering a better service
>> to the community that way.
>>
> I don't really see what you mean.

I'm not sure how to explain (it can lead to a long winded
description), I assumed everyone knew how libraries work. A faulty
assumption, I'll have to think about this and break it up into points.

> Library buy books and keep them until they are too worn to be read.. but
> these books are novells, mostly.

There are different types of libraries (legal, medical, deposit,
municipal, ...) that work on the same core theory, but with slightly
different results.

> at present time, authors send the revised HOWTO to the discuss list and
> somebody (who?) puts it on the CVS.

The present path isn't clear and is confusing. IIRC, authors have CVS