wiki: Revision History & and periodical freezes

Subject: Re: [wiki] Revision History & and periodical freezes
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 27 Aug 2008 21:11:42 +0100

Robert Spencer a écrit :

> Yes, please don't have everything revolve around author co-operation,
> they have let us down in the past and that's mostly because we aren't
> thinking like a library.
>
> The LDP is a library and should be run as one, many of our problems
> would be reduced if we did and we would be offering a better service
> to the community that way.

I don't really see what you mean.

Library buy books and keep them until they are too worn to be read..
but these books are novells, mostly.

at present time, authors send the revised HOWTO to the discuss list
and somebody (who?) puts it on the CVS.

The wiki is our cvs, now, or else how can we manage both?

all this is not easy, but we have to find something manageable. One of
the main thing I disliked in previous LDP was the fact than nobody
know how/who is managing what, so when something don't work, how fix it?

the questions are there: what do we want? how do we expect things to
be done? who will do the task? when? what if the task is late?

for example, who/how is managed this list (it's content)
http://lists.tldp.org/go.to?list=feedback&cmd=monthbydate&month=200808

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net