editors: Final Review Required: Glibc - Mini -Howto

Subject: Final Review Required: Glibc - Mini -Howto
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2004 20:21:28 -0000

Hi!

Thanks for letting us know the peer reviews are over!  I searched
through the message list and noticed you got quite a bit of feedback.

The next step is for us to find a reviewer to go over the "language"
review: spelling, grammar, markup usage, meta data (and of course, I say
this to everyone - your copyright and license!).

I've cc'd the reviewers to let them know your document is ready for
review.  Just to save us a little time, as I don't know who will pick it
up, please forward me the source file, so I can pass it on to the person
who volunteers to do the final review.

The reviewer will go over all of the above and work on a copy of your
file, making proposed changes, and will send a diff file along with it,
indicating his/her revisions.  Once you are agreed on the changes we can
submit the final copy for publication.

Usually the review process takes about a week from the time you have a
reviewer until it's published, but ultimately it depends on the
backlog.  While the backlog isn't too bad, I don't think we can
guarantee a week!  The important thing is you will be able to contact
the reviewer at any time should you want to check on the status of the
review.

Reviewers:  Please note I don't have the source file yet so I can't
advise on the number of lines or the file size.  Perhaps, Dear Author,
you could let us know, and again, forward me the file!  :D

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know off-list.

Much thanks!
Tabatha

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 06:58, ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some short reviews and a crash course in docbook, I think this
> document is now ready to be added to the TLDP.
>
> www.murphyslantech.de/linux/glibc-howto/glibcinstall.docbook
>
> A revision of the document to comply with the new glibc is already
> under construction, but still very alpha.
>
> C.U. Kai Schlachter
> PGP-fingerprint: 8640 43BF 0807 8349 67F4  C0CE CBA9 83BA 197B 3ED4

Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com
Linux Documentation Project Review Coordinator (http://www.tldp.org)
Linux Counter Area Manager US:wa (http://counter.li.org)