editors: Re: DVD Playback HOWTO

Subject: Re: DVD Playback HOWTO
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2004 05:31:49 -0000

Hi David,

I recall your HOWTO, and thank you for going through the peer review!

I've cc'd this to the reviewers so we can find a volunteer to do the
final review for spelling, grammar, markup, and meta data (you included
your license and copyright, right?).

Reviewers:  the file has 842 lines of text and is 38k in size.  Please
cc our mailing list if you are able to review it!

David:  as soon as a reviewer becomes available, he/she will get in
touch with you.  We'll edit a copy of the document and submit a diff
file with any proposed changes for your review, and then when you are
agreed on everything we'll add it to the collection!

Thanks - and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Tabatha

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 05:14, David Jao wrote:
> I would like to submit the latest draft of my DVD Playback HOWTO for
> review. It has not received any reviews yet.
>
> An earlier draft of this HOWTO was posted on the discuss list for
> comments. This latest draft has the following changes:
>
> Gentoo & SuSE sections added
> Explanation of how to access Xine's deinterlace options menu
> Cosmetic changes to disclaimer blurb and cross references
>
> Although it is not titled "DVD HOWTO", my goal in writing this HOWTO is
> to replace the LDP's current DVD HOWTO. I feel that it is very important
> to move the existing DVD HOWTO off the main page, so that new users do
> not attempt to execute the non-functional commands listed therein.
>
> The Docbook source for this HOWTO is attached with this email. You can
> also view the HOWTO online at http://dominia.org/djao/dvd-howto/ or
> download the source online at
> http://dominia.org/djao/dvd-howto/dvd-howto.xml
>
> -David
>
> P.S. I realize that the LDP site says "we prefer CVS for new submits,
> followed by a message to ####@####.#### I applied for a CVS
> account a couple of weeks ago but I have not received any response yet.

Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com
Linux Documentation Project Review Coordinator (http://www.tldp.org)
Linux Counter Area Manager US:wa (http://counter.li.org)