docbook: Error while parsing sgml with openjade

Subject: Re: Error while parsing sgml with openjade
From: Michael Schlenstedt ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2004 06:53:09 -0000

On So Mär 07, 2004, Saqib Ali ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hello Michael, Is there is any specific why you are using SGML instead of
> XML? All linux distro come with xsltproc that make it very easy to
> validate content created in DocBook XML.

I have no *really* special reason. I only choosed sgml, because I got
openjade and sgml working under W2K. Unfortunately, xml didn't work with
my config :-(

But now openjade and sgml also do not work under Linux. So no good
reason anymore to choose sgml instead of xml ;-)

> Moreover you can also use the online validator and transformer @
> http://validate.sf.net if your content is in DocBook XML.

Yes, I looked at that page yesterday. It is really useful. But I want to
have my own *working* installation. I don't know what's going wrong... I
tried to use the docbook-packages from my distribution (SuSE) as well.
No success :-(

Maybe somebody knows what's going wrong with my
openjade/docbook-installtion. I will try to use xml as well in the next
days. Maybe I have more success with it.

Bye,
Michael