docbook: Error while parsing sgml with openjade

Subject: Re: Error while parsing sgml with openjade
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2004 11:45:35 -0000

Michael,

I didn't pay attention to what distro you are using, but why don't you
try this?  (I'm so behind on LDP work but had to reply to you!)

1.  Load your SGML file and change the doctype statement to the
following lines:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">

2.  Save the file as .xml.

3.  If you have the command-line tool, run xmlproc_parse yourfile.xml
and it will give you a list of any possible errors.  You can then go
through and tweak them out.

4.  When you process with openjade, use the following syntax:

openjade -t xml -d
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/html/ldp.dsl#html yourfile.xml
(that whole thing up there is all on one line, my email is wrapping.)

You should get back some decent results, as long as there are no errors
in the markup.  If you use Emacs/Xemacs with PSGML you can use a menu
command to go to the "next trouble spot" in the document if there are
any errors, and everything else can be picked up by the xmlproc_parse
command before you process it.

This is how I process all the documents I review before I send them back
to authors and it works like a charm every time.  :D

Let me know what happens.

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall