docbook: OpenOffice.org 1.1RC & DocBook

Subject: Re: OpenOffice.org 1.1RC & DocBook
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jul 2003 07:07:40 -0000

Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> Well you got a heck of a lot farther than I did.  For the heck of it, I
> tried OO1.1 for Windows.  The darn thing couldn't even install.

what version of windows? I'm member of the (french) dev mailing list and
never saw this problem. never had myself on W98

  things.  I don't even know how the JRE works on a Windows machine - it's
> so much simpler in Linux.  It's installed, it's there.

wrong. jre is not installed by default on most Linux distro (of course
depends of what you chooses at install) - mostly ooorc needs a very
recent jre (at least 4.2.x, better use the very last)

>>>* To be able to export to DocBook, you must have a Java runtime
>>>  environment (JRE) installed and registered with OOo

right

>>>  do that after you have installed OOo. To register a JRE with an
>>>  installed instance of OOo, shut down OOo and use the program
>>>  /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1/program/jvmsetup to register it.

nope (not usefull). try exporting in docbook and ooo asks if you want to
register a java jre. gives the root directory (/opt/j2re1.4.2 for me) of
your and thats all (needs restarting ooo).

notice that jre is given by sun in a .bin file which is not an
installable one nor a source, but rather only an archive. lauching the
files extracts it in the current directory, so I had to go to /opt
before launching jre.bin

registration of jre must be done by any user for his account, however
one no more needs to have his own full jre installed as it was in
previous ooo releases.

I tryed with success saveing in docbook, but have not yet the docbook
tools installed and so can't test the result (I'm installing these, but
need still some time through the net) - vi see many empty lines. the
document was very simple for now. more later

jdd

--
<http://www.dodin.net>
Formation Linux débutants open