docbook: Xref & Link

Subject: Re: Xref & Link
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jan 2003 04:11:54 -0000

Well, lemme see if I can make any sense out of this.  Your snip below
shows that you tried to create a title id, but I'm not sure that title
accepts an id.  If you want to use endterm, you need to use the
titleabbrev tag after the title, and use the id in the titleabbrev tag
(as I showed in my example).

I remember having an issue with closing xrefs using the </xref> tag.  I
found out the hard way that /> works fine, even in XML.  I have to
wonder if that's not part of the problem, but don't know for sure.

Though your error is saying the linkend ID is missing, I think what it's
really telling you is that part of the whole xref statement is wrong
somehow.

Try using /> instead of </xref>, and if you use "endterm" in the xref
linkend, make sure you add a titleabbrev tag after the title (like I
demonstrated).  This should work just fine, and I'd like to hear from
you if it doesn't!  I had a lot of problems with xrefs when I got
started, and don't want to see you go through the same!

Please let me know if that helps at all!

Tab