docbook: Help! Problem compiling LDP SGML with OpenJade +Tools

Subject: Help! Problem compiling LDP SGML with OpenJade +Tools
From: "Ol Dirty" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jul 2002 11:02:22 -0000

I have downloaded the latest openjade, docbook-dsssl + ldp.dsl, docbook-dtd (4.1) versions

I have installed openjade to: ~/local
I have installed docbook-dsssl to: ~/local/share/docbook-dsssl
I have installed ldp.dsl to: ~/local/share/ldp.dsl
I have installed docbook-dtd to: ~/local/share/docbook-dtd

What should $SGML_CATALOG_FILES contain ? Some of the catalog files that should exist in said distributions do not, and nothing works.

I have been wrestling with this for two weeks now without any success. I've read and re-read the authoring guide, I've tried searching the net and everything else, but nothing makes sense.

What should I do ? From the simple installs like above, what should SGML_CATALOG_FILES contain ?

docbook-dsssl/catalog and docbook-dtd/docbook.cat ?

if that is all, then I still get errors when I try to compile a sample file (Vim-HOWTO.sgml)

please help! all i want to do is write the guide = (

Supercharge your e-mail with a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads
and NoTaglines --> LYCOS MAIL PLUS.