discuss: Thread: LDP staff. YES, YOU!!!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: LDP staff. YES, YOU!!!
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 08:40:21 +0100

probably anybody reading this list is part of the LDP staff, willing
he or not :-))

So, please, list you under this page:

http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpStaff#preview

I only made approximative entries right now, because YOU are
responsible to complete them. It's also a good idea to fill your wiki
personal page with some infos, visitors like to know who is who.

thanks fellows :-))

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: "Walter Priesnitz Filho" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 13:20:04 +0100

Hello!

My name is Walter and I'm from Brazil.
How can I put my information there?
I'm want to contribute making translations English-Portuguese to help Linux
users in their activities with this excellent OS.

PS.: I can read better than I can write in English.

Best regards!

Walter
Prof. Walter Priesnitz Filho
Mestre em Ciência da Computação - UFSC
Master In Computer Science - UFSC

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 14:29:51 +0100

Walter Priesnitz Filho a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> My name is Walter and I'm from Brazil.
> How can I put my information there?
> I'm want to contribute making translations English-Portuguese to help Linux
> users in their activities with this excellent OS.

Here http://tldp.org/vlist.html#te I can see Portugese, but with no
name, so I beg there is no more portuguese translation

I don't see neither Portugese here
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/translations

of course even less Brazil portugese.

So if you can begin some work for Brazil, it's a good thing.

The best way I can see for such thing is take a HOWTO you know the
subject of, preferably one of the HOWTOs already in the wiki, or a
small one, and begin translating it (at least as an example other can
follow).

We don't have yet any translation policy against the wiki, so just
begin with a wiki ordinary page. You can probably use the preliminary
HOWTO template.

on the same time, advertise your initiative in Brasilian forums or
mailing list, to try finding other mates.

Write yourself as brazilian translation coordinator, at least for a
small time, the brasilian group may keep this or change it anytime after.

of course, fill your wiki personal page with relevant info.

Thanks!!

jdd
From: "Leonardo Coelho" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 14:42:46 +0100

Walter,
If you wanna make a translation group for English-Portuguese let's
go...I am a volutier!

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:29 AM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
> Walter Priesnitz Filho a écrit :
>> Hello!
>>
>> My name is Walter and I'm from Brazil.
>> How can I put my information there?
>> I'm want to contribute making translations English-Portuguese to help Linux
>> users in their activities with this excellent OS.
>
> Here http://tldp.org/vlist.html#te I can see Portugese, but with no
> name, so I beg there is no more portuguese translation
>
> I don't see neither Portugese here
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/translations
>
> of course even less Brazil portugese.
>
> So if you can begin some work for Brazil, it's a good thing.
>
> The best way I can see for such thing is take a HOWTO you know the
> subject of, preferably one of the HOWTOs already in the wiki, or a
> small one, and begin translating it (at least as an example other can
> follow).
>
> We don't have yet any translation policy against the wiki, so just
> begin with a wiki ordinary page. You can probably use the preliminary
> HOWTO template.
>
> on the same time, advertise your initiative in Brasilian forums or
> mailing list, to try finding other mates.
>
> Write yourself as brazilian translation coordinator, at least for a
> small time, the brasilian group may keep this or change it anytime after.
>
> of course, fill your wiki personal page with relevant info.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> jdd
> --
> http://www.dodin.net
> http://valerie.dodin.org
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-eic8MSSfM
>
> ______________________
> http://lists.tldp.org/

then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Linux User #373408
cabelohw.blogspot.com
GPGkey ID 8AEEAAEB -->> http://pgp.mit.edu
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 16:10:16 +0100

I subscribed for this list to announce a translation work to "Introduction
to Linux - A Hands on Guide" Book.
I've created a site to centralize all translations work of this book.
Brazilian Portuguese is already working on translating.

The pages not is totally created, but is already in use in
http://intro-linux.googlecode.com/
Any suggestion and help are welcome.

2008/9/24 Leonardo Coelho ####@####.####

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 18:39:25 +0100

Fabrício Godoy a écrit :
> I subscribed for this list to announce a translation work to "Introduction
> to Linux - A Hands on Guide" Book.

are all your documents under the GPL as it seems reading your hoime
page? If so we can reference your site on our wiki

thanks
jdd

From: "Dinesh Joshi" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 19:03:33 +0100

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:

> probably anybody reading this list is part of the LDP staff, willing
> he or not :-))
>
> So, please, list you under this page:
>
> http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpStaff#preview
>
> I only made approximative entries right now, because YOU are
> responsible to complete them. It's also a good idea to fill your wiki
> personal page with some infos, visitors like to know who is who.

Hmm...I dont even remember how I came upon this list. But anyway I'm
interested in helping out. How can I be of use?

--
DJ
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 19:13:11 +0100

Dinesh Joshi a écrit :

> Hmm...I dont even remember how I came upon this list. But anyway I'm
> interested in helping out. How can I be of use?

something here?

if not, looking at any HOWTO for update? helping contact the authors?

thanks
jdd

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 19:22:06 +0100

jdd a écrit :
> Dinesh Joshi a écrit :
>
>> Hmm...I dont even remember how I came upon this list. But anyway I'm
>> interested in helping out. How can I be of use?
>>
> something here?

http://wiki.tldp.org/Rewriting%20Manifesto/GettingInvolved

better with the link :-)

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 20:00:33 +0100

Yes all translations are in GPL, hoping no issues related with main document
licence.

Thanks for site references, translators of any country are welcome.

2008/9/24 jdd ####@####.####