discuss: Thread: LDP staff. YES, YOU!!!

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [discuss] LDP staff. YES, YOU!!!
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Nunes?=" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 21:45:49 +0100

I am one of the volunteers in the Portuguese translation project Godoy
mentioned. Besides our translation effort, I would also add that there is a
mailing list specific for Brazilian TLDP which is pretty active. So, for
those of you interested in the translation of TLDP docs, I recommend signing
up.

http://trac.watter.net/ldp-br/wiki/LdpbrFaq

--
André Nunes Batista

http://tagesuhu.wordpress.com/
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 01:13:29 +0000

Any advance? I can't found mentioned reference.

Thanks.

2008/9/24 jdd ####@####.####

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 07:09:57 +0000

Fabrício Godoy a écrit :
> Any advance? I can't found mentioned reference.

>> are all your documents under the GPL as it seems reading your home
>> page? If so we can reference your site on our wiki

did you answer the question? I may have missed the answer :-(. If the
answer is yes, I will do.

thanks
jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 16:39:58 +0000

Yes, all translations are under GPL.
I'm not sure what license the original document uses, but the author agree
translation work.

2008/11/1 jdd for http://tldp.org ####@####.####

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 18:15:46 +0000

Fabrício Godoy a écrit :
> Yes, all translations are under GPL.
> I'm not sure what license the original document uses, but the author agree
> translation work.

oh, sorry, I didn't understood the fact. The original book is already
in the LDP collection, from Machtelt Garrels. She was some time ago a
very active LDP member and now works elsewhere.

At present time, LDP holds english version of the documents, and
translations are managed by the respective teams, see home page:

http://tldp.org

and volunteers list:

http://tldp.org/vlist.html#te

I contacted very recently all the people listed there and only  Brazil
and Italian answered. I have yet to investigate more as the five home
page links are valid and have certainly a maintainer.

However, it's *possible* and pretty easy to open as many wikis (thats
called a "farm") as we want, eventually one for each LDP translation
team. I say *possible* because we have little manpower. So we can only
do so if there is a solid translation team, able to manage the wiki.
We can only provide server space and bandwith.

Of course, we can hold on the wiki or link to translations to langages
not yet supported by an active translation team.

Given the Brazilian contact is Jorge Godoy, and your name is Fabrizio
Godoy, may I suppose you are parents? if so what do you expect exactly
from you? we already have http://br.tldp.org/ on homepage.

thanks
jdd

From: "Sergiusz Pawlowicz" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 19:08:21 +0000

please mention, it is very easy to keep
multilanguage content in our wiki.

s.
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 19:30:43 +0000

Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :
> please mention, it is very easy to keep
> multilanguage content in our wiki.

absolutely.

MoinMoin wiki is very good for many things. Shame it's documentation
is not as good as the product itself, one have to dig in the doc to
find all what is possible :-))

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnLanguages
(look at the end of the page)

and of course we can have wiki farms (later)

jdd

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Nov 2008 21:27:01 +0000

No, I don't know Jorge Godoy.
I expect a place to translators like "GNOME Damned Lies".
I think this can help translations.

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2008 07:33:20 +0000

Fabrício Godoy a écrit :
> No, I don't know Jorge Godoy.

oh! sorry :-(

> I expect a place to translators like "GNOME Damned Lies".

is not this page that you want?:

>> from you? we already have http://br.tldp.org/ on homepage.

see the other thread (rom Fernando)

jdd

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2008 11:05:03 +0000

GNOME Damned Lies only track GNOME translations none related to LDP.
Of course, I don't expect something complex as GNOME Damned Lies.

2008/11/3 jdd for http://tldp.org ####@####.####