discuss: New HOWTO ?

Subject: Re: New HOWTO ?
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 6 Mar 2001 16:20:54 -0000

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:05:43PM +0000, Denny wrote:
> Hi, I am considering submitting a mini HOWTO - it's a document I
> found online some time ago, and it was very very useful to me in
> setting up a system (it's a HOWTO for using the NT bootloader to
> boot Linux, DOS, Win9x, OS/2 etc)
>
> It was very hard to re-find the second time I wanted it, so I
> made a mirror on my own site, and started trying to contact
> the author, with no success.  This was over 2 years ago, so I
> think it is fair to take it over with appropriate credit to
> the original author, and I would of course happily hand it
> back over should he surface at a later date...
>
> I am currently reading the LDP author guide, it says emailing
> this address is the first step in submitting a new HOWTO, so
> here I am.  I shall read the rest of it while I wait for any
> replies  :)
>
> By the way, the document is presently in HTML, but I would be
> happy to learn DocBook and do the conversion myself before I
> submit the document.  The present copy can be seen here:
>
> http://www.concretecow.com/linux/dualboot.html

Unless I'm missing something, this sounds like a duplicate of our
existing NT OS Loader + Linux mini-HOWTO
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Linux+NT-Loader.html

Now that document hasn't been updated since 1997, but then again it
may not have changed much. Even after 6 service packs. ;-)

See if you can improve the existing doc instead of duplicating it.
You'll need to write to the author to do that.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Repartee is something we think of twenty-four hours too late.
		-- Mark Twain