discuss: Re: Video Streaming to TV, Casting to TV, Play Movie HOWTO

Subject: Re: Video Streaming to TV, Casting to TV, Play Movie HOWTO
From: Serge Victor ####@####.####
Date: 19 Feb 2019 02:21:17 +0000

> Did you make any progress on the CMS front? I made a cursory examination
> of a bunch of them some time ago. The more popular ones (drupal) seem to
> be bad choices due to their large code base, expensive runtime processing
> algorithms and relatively small increase in features.

I'm planning to

1) replace current main website and wiki into one dokuwiki portal

2) replace mailing list with discourse with mail gateway (so
technically from user perspective it will be possible to keep with
mail only communication)

3) it is possible to swap from github to self hosted gitea either as
we now have enough hardware, but it will probably require to self host
a build system as well. I'm investigating if our hardware will be able
to handle it. Please notice that gitea was not available two years ago
when we made decision to move to github.

S.