discuss: Re: Video Streaming to TV, Casting to TV, Play Movie HOWTO

Subject: Re: Video Streaming to TV, Casting to TV, Play Movie HOWTO
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 13 Feb 2019 05:21:41 +0000

Quoting Serge Victor ####@####.####

> I am surprised that you still claim that you are Mr. JDD, who nominated
> himself as our Coordinator: http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpStaff

I am _not_ surprised that, when challenged by a nonsense claim, you
respond by posting additional nonsense claims.  (However, I am
disappointed.)

> Every single Linux code submission must be done via Github. EVERY.

The kernel community, and basic consensual reality, does not concur with
your claim.  If you ever wish to learn how the Linux kernel development
process _actually_ works, it's explained in the kernel's own
Linux Kernel User's and Adminstrator's Guide, available on the Web here,
for example:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.12/process/submitting-patches.html

Check for yourself.  Neither there or anywhere else in the kernel team's
process documentation is there any requirement to use GitHub, any suggestion
to use GitHub, or even any mention of GitHub.  On the other hand, there
is copious documentation about how things actually work.

You are, in short, greatly mistaken.  And on a matter that you could and
should have pretty easily checked, too.  (Maybe, to be very charitable,
you are confused between git the SCM that was originally invented by and for
kernel.org as a bk replacement, and GitHub the proprietary software
service, which wraps around the sponsoring corporation's git repos.
However, you really ought to be able to tell those apart, as it's not a
difficult distinction.)

> Replying to the other email, Greg Ferguson, who was processing
> submissions, resigned in 2014 in a private email.
> He did not announce it publicly I am afraid and the submission LDP
> documentation was not modified accordingly.

Actually, Greg's resignation was announced here.

That doesn't respond, however, to my asking where it was announced that
submissions would no longer be accepted via e-mail.  I thus conclude
that you cannot support the claim you made to that effect.

> On ####@####.#### there is for long an autoresponder which informs
> about the change, though, so no submission gets lost.

1.  The longtime submission address for English-language documents was
not ####@####.#### but rather ####@####.####  There is as yet
still no such autoresponder there.  (I just checked.)

2.  There is _also_ no autoresponder on ####@####.####  (I just
checked.)

This is getting sad, folks.