discuss: Re: Video Streaming to TV, Casting to TV, Play Movie HOWTO

Subject: Re: Video Streaming to TV, Casting to TV, Play Movie HOWTO
From: Serge Victor ####@####.####
Date: 13 Feb 2019 04:31:36 +0000

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 11:07, Rick Moen ####@####.#### wrote:

> Quoting Serge Victor ####@####.####
>
> > You are not Mr JDD.
>
> I cannot help notice you have completely ignored the question about what
> if any 'duties' I have 'dumped'.  Not a surprise.  OK, so 'dumped your
> duties' is just transparent bushwah.  The only thing surprising about
> this is that you thought anyone wouldn't notice.

I am surprised that you still claim that you are Mr. JDD, who nominated
himself as our Coordinator: http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpStaff

> > > OK, fine.  LDP wishes to part with the open source community.  Let me
> > > know if LDP changes this policy
> >
> > Linux is hosted in Github, I have not realised that it is not free
> > source anymore.
>
> Please show me the part where code submissions to the Linux kernel must
> be done via a GitHub account.  (Or did you really think I wouldn't
> notice that you ducked the question and changed the subject?)

Every single Linux code submission must be done via Github. EVERY. If
someone does not want to do it personally, he/she must find someone
who will make it on behalf. I am surprised that you still use Linux
kernel.

Replying to the other email, Greg Ferguson, who was processing
submissions, resigned in 2014 in a private email.
He did not announce it publicly I am afraid and the submission LDP
documentation was not modified accordingly.

On ####@####.#### there is for long an autoresponder which informs
about the change, though, so no submission gets lost.

Serge