discuss: Re: New document: Linux and Android HOWTO

Subject: Re: New document: Linux and Android HOWTO
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Mar 2016 00:55:11 +0000

Hello all,

>I read through the document from a style and authorship
>perspective.  It is good.  It should get a final proofreading
>before publication, but there are two other things first:
>
>  * Does anybody know somebody with some Android expertise who can
>    provide a technical review of the content?

Randy Kramer and Jean-Daniel Dodin provided some review of the
technical content.

If either of you has more to send, please feel free to send it along
to Guido.  I'll do a language review of the document before early
next week and send my comments, as well.

Guido Gonzato sent in an updated version of his HOWTO earlier this
week.  I checked it into the inprogress directory [0] [1].

>  * This document refers to an unversioned GFDL (by link [0]).  The
>    current version at that link is GFDL-1.3.  It is not in the list
>    of currently-accepted TLDP licenses [1].  Should it be?

Are we OK with the GFDL-1.3?  Rick?

  http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence

If so, then, I'd like to add GFDL-1.3 (and the CC-BY-SA-4.0) to our
list on the page in the wiki.tldp.org:

  http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence

How would I modify the wiki?

Serge, do you grant user permissions to the wiki?

For minimal confusion around license naming, I'm also going to
suggest that we also adopt the short names used here.  I have seen
these short names increasingly in wide circulation.

  https://spdx.org/licenses/

(That's why I have been writing strings like 'GFDL-1.3' and
'CC-BY-SA-4.0'.)

>If we can get a technical review and straighten out the license
>question, I think this one should go into the collection.
>
>It looks to me like a good addition.

-Martin

 [0] browser:
     https://github.com/tLDP/LDP/blob/master/LDP/inprogress/Linux-Android-HOWTO.sgml