discuss: Rewriting old documents

Subject: Re: Rewriting old documents
From: ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2016 13:43:10 +0000

I would like to see the document written so that there were what I'll call
high level and (optionally) low level instructions.  In the case of backing up
with zip drives, I'd suggest (unless the document title is something like
"Backing up with Zip Drives") that first general instructions be given that
would apply to backing up on (almost?) any local device, followed by sections
(if necessary / appropriate) to backing up with zip drives, external USB
drives, ...

Among other advantages, then, in the future, the document could be updated
(when zip drives are obsolete, which I suppose they are ;-), the section on
zip drives could be deleted (although I might suggest leaving a statement in
the document under the zip drive heading saying something like "section
removed, last version was published in version x.y..z of this document which
is available in the archives of LDP".

And, new devices would be added new sections.