discuss: LAG changes, multiple formats; DocBook 5.0 was [ My rejected "replacement" for the Author Guide

Subject: Re: LAG changes, multiple formats; DocBook 5.0 was [ My rejected "replacement" for the Author Guide
From: Mark Komarinski ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2016 16:48:48 +0000

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Martin A. Brown ####@####.#### wrote:
>
>> It'll be a lot of work but will allow each person with their own
>> their own space to list the features and use of their particular
>> format.
>
> I observe that the LDP-Author-Guide contains a great deal of DocBook
> specific material in the appendices.  So, another option would be to
> label each appendix with the formats it discusses.

I’m fine with either.  Having separate HOWTOs gives each person or group their own ‘space’ but those HOWTOs don’t wind up relating to anything Linux related.  Embedding each format into the LAG will make it quite large, but it’s not that much more disk space or pages.

Either way we (I) need to untangle many of the DocBook-isms in the LAG.

-Mark