discuss: [info] migration preparation; more output and source cleanup

Subject: Re: [info] migration preparation; more output and source cleanup
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2016 16:00:59 +0000

>> Working on the cleanup of the output tree has also caused me to
>> retired.  I therefore created a new directory called
>> LDP/LDP/retired/ which now contains any documents which should no
>> longer be published.  I'm operating under the assumption that the
>> documents in the output tree represent the canonical set.

>Good.  They will only be published on the master site and not the
>mirrors. A major use of "retired" will be for historical purposes.
>But even current docs may want to mention history.  And a few might
>serve as examples we shouldn't have accepted in the first place.

OK.  We'll have a 'retired' section in the output tree (visible on
the web).  I only created the 'retired' section of the source tree,
but it's fine and easy.  The 'retired' documents will not be
automatically updated.

>I recall that some documents that had many errors were removed for
>review.  Maybe there should have a "rejected" documents subtree.
>One doc removed for review was mostly plagiarized from the Inet but
>not marked as such.

If we reject a document, why would we want to publish it under
tldp.org?  I am not crazy about this idea.

Or do you mean that we should have a place in the source tree where
we store the 'rejected' documents?

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown