discuss: [info] migration preparation; more output and source cleanup

Subject: Re: [info] migration preparation; more output and source cleanup
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 6 Feb 2016 23:18:47 +0000

> Working on the cleanup of the output tree has also caused me to
> retired.  I therefore created a new directory called
> LDP/LDP/retired/ which now contains any documents which should no
> longer be published.  I'm operating under the assumption that the
> documents in the output tree represent the canonical set.
Good.  They will only be published on the master site and not the mirrors.
A major use of "retired" will be for historical purposes.  But even current
docs may want to mention history.  And a few might serve as examples we
shouldn't have accepted in the first place.  I recall that some
documents that had many errors were removed for review.  Maybe there should
have a "rejected" documents subtree.  One doc removed for review was mostly
plagiarized from the Inet but not marked as such.