discuss: Getting Started With Working With Git

Subject: Re: Getting Started With Working With Git
From: ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2016 12:42:25 +0000

On Saturday, February 06, 2016 09:54:54 PM you wrote:
> > On Feb 6, 2016, at 8:48 PM, David Lawyer ####@####.#### wrote:
> > Also, I want to mention that the above paragraph which discusses
> > individual howtos, doesn't belong on the discuss list.  The high traffic
> > on the discuss list in the past that was not related to ldp policy and
> > progress turned off a lot of contributors from subscribing to it or
> > reading it.  I hope the same mistake isn't made again.  One person should
> > handle details on individual documents unless there is controversy about
> > the document.
>
> Sounds fair.  I envision that once you get in touch with someone who can do
> the merge for you that this discussion can take place off list.  No need
> for the entire discuss list to see it.

Interesting.  I feel just the opposite, I'll discuss why below.

Maybe we need two mailing lists, one for ldp policy (possiby to be named
####@####.#### and one for discussion (perhaps of documents??), maybe
named ####@####.#### ;-)

My arguments may start out a little disjointed / disorganized, maybe just some
bullet points at first:

   * how will anyone know something is controversial before the publication of
a howto (or other document) unless some of the points of contention
(discussion) between a reviewer and a writer are publicized to some degree?

That's all I'll say for now.  A;though I may add more later.  I (we) don't
want to see a repetition of the C++ Howto which was written by one author and
apparently never reviewed by anyone until I tried reading it to learn
something.  It was ridiculous.  (I apologize in advance--I might be mis-
remembering, it might have been the (or a) C howto.)

Randy Kramer