discuss: [questions] WikiText format; Bugzilla-Guide; unpublished; suggested renaming

Subject: Re: [questions] WikiText format; Bugzilla-Guide; unpublished; suggested renaming
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Feb 2016 01:51:10 +0000

Hello Mark (et alia),

>>  1. What to do with WikiText format and our one WikiText document?
>
>Does pandoc work with this?  If so, let’s keep it.

Good question.  I don't know.  The WikiText format stays in limbo
until we solve the 'supported formats' question.

I'll enqueue, as a task, your question about pandoc.

For me, this is lower priority than my current queue, but, I'll not
lose this thought.  Thanks for bringing it up.

Of course, if somebody wants to test out pandoc and report
success/failure of format conversions to the list, I can use that as
a starting point.

>>  2. OK to retire very old Bugzilla-Guide?
>
>Sounds fair to retire.  Maybe make a stub pointing to the official
>Bugzilla documentation?

OK, good thought.  I'll get that ready.  We can put one of those
wonderful sneaky little META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH critters in place
for that document (along with maybe a very brief explanation of the
deprecation).

>>  3. Unpublished source documents:  should we contact authors?
>
>Yes.  If we don’t hear from them in a reasonable time, we can treat
>it as an abandoned document.

OK.  I'll enqueue that, also, as a task.

If anybody wishes to help here, just let me know.  I'll track the
communications for now.

>>  4. Propose renaming of some templates.
>
>No objection.

OK, great.  This one seems rather less controversial.  So, I'll
probably handle this before some of the others.

Thanks for the feeback, Mark.

-Martin

P.S. And, thank you, as well, jdd...message received!

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/