discuss: Wiki Conversion Process

Subject: Re: Wiki Conversion Process
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2013 08:33:49 +0000

Le 08/01/2013 22:47, Wesley Werner a écrit :

> So, would it be courteous to contact the author and ask anyway, and if
> so, propose they handle wikifying their own work? Of course they don't
> have to and we can offer to do it for them.

a two years old HOWTO is probably not outdated and maybe the author is
still active (my own HOWTO was not updated for some years now, but still
pretty complete)

> Also, I propose we create a "List of" existing HOWTOS [3] to keep
> track of what has been done. I separated the list into items yet to do
> (untouched), and in progress. We can add Completed, Obsolete and
> FooBar lists as needed. Is this OK, any objections?

IMHO it should be better to keep only one HOWTO list, that is
http://wiki.tldp.org/Page_Status, eventually adding a column to it if
necessary. It was pretty long to make this page roughly complete :-)

> Question: Do we need a review system to ensure quality conversions?
> Would this flow through this discuss list,

yes, best system

by the way do you have an old account or a new one? looks like new
accounts can't login (at least the one I created for testing this feature).

May be I can create account (I have still some admin permissions)

thanks
jdd

--
http://dodin.org