discuss: Wiki Conversion Process

Subject: Re: Wiki Conversion Process
From: Roger ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2013 05:30:47 +0000

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 07:01:09PM -0600, Jimmy Hess wrote:
>On 1/8/13, Roger ####@####.#### wrote:
>>> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 11:47:19PM +0200, Wesley Werner wrote:
>> See the Domain registrant.
>> I'm no lawyer, but have some experience with law within the US.
>
>You know what I would say about it...  either find a Lawyer, to
>provide input, or at least,
>assume the risk does exist, and take an accordingly maximal
>conservative approach.
>Being overly cautious has less downsides than leaping through the darkness.

Same perspective here.

However, my solution would likely be more than adequate for my situation(s).

This situation with tldp.org, from what I see, is entirely up to the registrant
or owner -- separate of anybody's opinion here unless they're associated with
the registrant.  Am I not correct?

>-JH

This reminds me of children selling lemonade at a stand on a public sidewalk.
Well, there's a possibity a customer could get sick.  And the kids are serving
from a public sidewalk.  So, the children should go see a lawyer, about the
possibility of poisoning their customers prior to selling?  Oh, and they're
selling lemonade with the intent to make money here.

As a parent, I probably would let the children go ahead and do so, without
using a lawyer, as I already know I have some insurance and kids tend to be
quite honest.  But if you don't understand this, then it might be good advice
to see a lawyer.  (shrugs... but I feel somebody is still going to want to
argue this. lol.)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/