discuss: Request for comments and recommendations

Subject: Request for comments and recommendations
From: Krastyo Komsalov ####@####.####
Date: 21 Dec 2011 03:53:15 +0000

Hi,

I started writing this document as a simple instruction, but as result
of my attempt to make it clear it begin to grow.

With time I began to like it more and more and started to think that
maybe it is worth to be seen by more people.

Here is the "request for comments" -- is the document worthy enough to
become something permanent like a HOWTO.

 From one point of view there is a lot of information about wireless,
from the other point all the information is scattered all over the
internet in unlinked bits and pieces. I failed to find one enough
detailed and simple to follow step by step instruction on how to make AP
from a laptop "which is what this document is".

The document is too big to pass as an attachment, but it is available in
PDF, DOC and ODT on:

http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/

the directory is browsable and the files are:

http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.pdf

http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.doc

http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.odt

The original is in Office DOC -- Seems there is no easy way to master
DocBook for a day, but I am working on it.

Here is the first problem:

The document contains links to some configuration files. Though this is
not strictly necessary, putting them in the document will make it too
big. I can't decide what the good solution is.

The second problem is more complicated:

I attempted to follow the formatting instructions, rereading them and
fixing the document again and again. I have a feeling that by focusing
on details I am missing some important point. Seems to me the problem is
that I can't distinguish between important and not so important
formatting requirements.

Krastyo Komsalov
1N-440 Abelard, Verdun - Ile des Soeurs, QC, CA, H3E-1B5
Mobile:(514) 445-6726
Home: (514) 728-5867

LinkedInhttp://ca.linkedin.com/in/kkomsalov