discuss: Modernization/Re-Design of Website

Subject: Re: [discuss] Modernization/Re-Design of Website
From: "paul.hendricksen" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Apr 2011 19:04:27 +0100

That made me laugh, very funny.  But I know, I enjoy reading the list and
this is the first time I have wanted to get involved.  Caught my eye, I love
the LDP and got me into Linux to begin with.  I am a huge advocate in
keeping it alive and this, like you suggested kinda does keep the newer guys
like me from wanting to participate.  If I wanted to argue a 4-year-old
conversation I would debate my son!

I can tell Rick is a smart guy, but the brow-bashing is a little annoying.
Hard to avoid a conflict if you are a Alpha personality like myself.  So,
with that said:

Bin: I like the idea but I want to suggest that we update this whole thing
from the ground up.  Node.js, Redis, and Mongo.DS are all poised to replace
the dominate PHP, Memcache, and MySQL.  Because we want to keep up with the
times, I think we should look into the newer trends in the market place.
And yes! Using using the PDF builds idea would be killer.

-Paul