discuss: TLDP planet and blogs?

Subject: Re: [discuss] TLDP planet and blogs?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jan 2009 06:23:04 +0000

Is there a demand for streaming and/or aggregated blogs in the LDP?  I
have nothing against the idea as long as there isn't more writing for
the sake of writing.

ESR's "How To Become A Hacker" paper summarises my concern the best:

"Having a home page isn't anywhere near good enough to make you a
hacker. The Web is full of home pages. Most of them are pointless,
zero-content sludge — very snazzy-looking sludge, mind you, but sludge
all the same...  To be worthwhile, your page must have content — it
must be interesting and/or useful to other hackers."

(this is why I haven't uploaded anything to bordenrhodes.com even
though I'm paying for the domain)

So, Blogs and Planet aggregators and RSS feeds are fine as long as
each post answers this question: how does this help people use or
contribute to the LDP?

Borden