discuss: converting HOWTOs to Moin

Subject: Re: [discuss] converting HOWTOs to Moin
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 20 Nov 2008 17:28:35 +0000

Little Girl a écrit :

> There is a program called txt2tags that might be able to help:
>
> http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/

I fail understanding how it works. For me it do nearly nothing.

I first tried the online version

http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/online.php

For example, pasting this in the window:

"It can certainly convert plain text to Moin.
There are limitations,
though, in that it will not
necessarily convert everything properly
by default. Tables or diagrams which
have lines created from dashes,
for instance (as in your
3-Button-Mouse.txt), will
not turn out"

(part of your mail, with added carriage return)

gives exactly the same thing as Moin code, no change at all, when the
main  problem with text is the fact Moin needs *two* carriage return
between paragraphs. Pasting this in Moin certainly don't gives any
good result.

command line gives exactly the same result.

In fact there should be <<BR>> at the end of any line or a second <CR>

sorry :-(
jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project