discuss: mirrors survey

Subject: Re: mirrors survey
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 8 Nov 2008 17:44:48 +0000

David Lawyer a écrit :

> The maintaining of the mirror list has happened every few years or so.

Matchelt did continue to add new mirrors (some come nearly each week
:-) - even on last August, but didn't test the current ones.

I think the New wiki is specially fitted for such things and I added
the status cell for this purpose.

Now anybody can see when a mirror was controlled.

I also setup a script to update the front page date each day, so we
can see at a glance what mirror is good.

mirrors may seems obsolete, but just now we have new mirror from
indonesia with better speed for local users :-)

In fact I will probably move some pages to the wiki (pages need
frequent changes) - the mirror is mostly important for the documents

> country in our list implies that there is a mirror there.  So I
> propose that the countries that have no mirrors simply be removed
> from the list of countries

agree

> For historical purposes it might be nice to know where we once had
> mirrors

it's not that important :-)

and we have:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://tldp.org