discuss: TLDP forums?

Subject: Re: [discuss] TLDP forums?
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Nov 2008 18:14:23 +0000

Svetoslav Chukov a écrit :

> What do you think about forum?

to add to what have already been said by others, I think a forum is
not what the LDP is good for.

LDP goal is to build a managed documentation (ie a documentation with
authors). We only have a need for communication between the authors,
not to do interactive hotline.

We have all the server power to do whatever we want. We have undergo a
design (re)setup and we can also revamp the mailing lists archives.

What we can do (if Sergius is able to do, I'm not able to - and he's
in vacations) is to have in sync the mailing list and a *news* server.
this don't make any problem.

may be simply add LDP discuss to gmane?? (if it's not already the case??)

I know I have often both gmane and mail accounts for the same list, as
so I don't miss a post and if, by error, I delete a mail I can find it
back (the problem, with archives is that the e-mails are obfuscated
and so one can't reply)

of course having news counterpart may add to the spam sent to users...

jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org