discuss: Manifesto for 2010 (draft01) page

Subject: Re: [discuss] Manifesto for 2010 (draft01) page
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 10 Sep 2008 21:29:15 +0100

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 02:07:17PM -0300, Andr? Nunes wrote:
> I am completely newbie in this list, so excuse me if I say something silly
> now on.
>
> It seems to me that apart from jdd and sergius, there is a fell other people
> who get the time-knowledge-skill-will needed to reformulate tldp's ways and
> give it some gas. Is there any trustful data on tldp members and volunteers?

Yes.  See volunteers section on the homepage.  It was up-to-date as of
about a year ago but since then Stein Gjoen, and Marchtelt Garrels are
both pressed for time and don't participate much if any.  And I don't
think that Jones is our contact person at ibiblio anymore.

> If there is not, what would you think of doing some kind of poll to get a
> real idea of what we can count on in this process, by asking everyone on the
> mailing lists about their skills, free time and will to contribute?

This has been done before and in my opinion the time spent doing it
could be better used to actually work on solving our problems.

> This way I think it would be much easier for jdd to redistribute tasks and
> make plans according to what is possible for now.

I think we already are pretty well aware of the situation.  We don't
want to give write access to the LDP site to people we don't know well.