discuss: contacting old ldp timers

Subject: Re: [discuss] contacting old ldp timers
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2008 09:45:25 +0100

David Lawyer a écrit :

> This needs some revision.  Since someone is listed who deals with
> Doc-Book, I could be mentioned as dealing with LinuxDoc

nobody could have any doubt about this :-)

> bugs fixed.  And at one time I took a brief look at the scripts that
> run the translation of sgml to html and plain text.

I would like to explain on the wiki how these tasks are managed (what
happen when a HOWTO is submitted). Could you give me some clues? (ay
be not in this thread)

>> I think the least we can do is to write them to thanks them for the past
>> work, show what you try to do, invite them to give any advice and
>> participate and ask them to bless us :-))
>
> This seems to imply that the wiki aspect of LDP is replacing the
> depository aspect.  It's not.

I just want to emphasis on this aspect. The wiki being new may be seen
as a replacement, when it's not. But some LDP people work in the dark,
nearly never write on the list

  There's no need for LDP people to thank
> each other.

there is a need when taking initiatives to state that this is not to
get away the old staff but to enforce it. I'm a little worried to go
ahead without be sure nobody is hurted by what we do.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org