discuss: contacting old ldp timers

Subject: Re: [discuss] contacting old ldp timers
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2008 07:29:13 +0100

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 07:20:48PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> some of them listen to this list (hello :-)), but not all of them.
> Anyway LDP belongs mostly to them, people in this list:
                     partly

> http://tldp.org/vlist.html

This needs some revision.  Since someone is listed who deals with
Doc-Book, I could be mentioned as dealing with LinuxDoc as I've
written a HOWTO on it and submitted bug reports that finally got a few
bugs fixed.  And at one time I took a brief look at the scripts that
run the translation of sgml to html and plain text.  Martin Wheeler is
missing from this list.  And shouldn't jdd be added to it?

> I think the least we can do is to write them to thanks them for the past
> work, show what you try to do, invite them to give any advice and
> participate and ask them to bless us :-))

This seems to imply that the wiki aspect of LDP is replacing the
depository aspect.  It's not.  There's no need for LDP people to thank
each other.  Authors should get thank-you notes once in a while from
readers, with the note often added to an email reporting "bugs" in the
doc.  Also, David Merrill deserves a lot of thanks but is not longer
around.