discuss: New Content Filtering How-to

Subject: New Content Filtering How-to
From: "Michael C. Jett" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Feb 2001 19:41:50 -0000

I have been working lately to put the tools and methods together to provide
an open-source content filtering solution together that will meet the
requirements for CIPA here in the States.  Basically, it uses Squid,
SquidGuard (URL filtering), and DansGuardian (Content, PICS, Mime types) to
provide web content filtering.  The next step is to start looking at various
alternatives for E-Mail content filtering, which I have not started yet.

I am writing to see if this would be considered for submission into the LDP
as a how-to.  I am going to write the document anyway, but would like my
work to be included here as well.

I have developed a brief outline, I can forward if requested.

Mike Jett
Division Manager
Trescom