discuss: (Fwd) July open-source conference

Subject: (Fwd) July open-source conference
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Feb 2001 14:32:29 -0000

--- Forwarded mail from Michael Smith ####@####.####

To: ####@####.####
From: Michael Smith ####@####.####
Date: 05 Feb 2001 02:36:08 -0800
Subject: [oswg-discuss]July open-source conference

I'm writing to ask whether anyone might be planning to attend the
O'Reilly open-source conference (San Diego CA) in July.

I've been in contact with some of the folks at O'Reilly, trying to
drum up support for a "DocBook" or "open-source document authoring"
day. Has anyone else thought about maybe submitting a proposal for a
tutorial/presentation?

The deadline for submissions of proposals is February 9th (this
Friday). If nobody wants to commit to a whole tutorial, I'd certainly
be willing to coordinate integration of expertise from different
people into a larger tutorial of some kind.

Please let me know what you think, or just go ahead and submit a
proposal for the conference's XML track:

  http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon2001/call-xml.html

Or at the very least, if you plan on attending, e-mail
####@####.#### expressing interest in seeing some
DocBook/document-authoring tutorials/presentations take place.

  --Mike Smith

---End of forwarded mail from Michael Smith ####@####.####