discuss: Proposal for revised license and license requirements.

Subject: Re: Proposal for revised license and license requirements.
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jun 2005 19:06:44 -0000

On Sunday 05 June 2005 02:10 pm, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 07:25:15PM -0700, David Lawyer wrote:
> > While I support the right of an author (in some cases) to not allow
> > modification without the author's consent, what about the case where
> > the document needs revision and author can't be located?  I think our
> > manifesto needs to be changed to require that any license must allow
> > modification if the author can't be located after searching on the
> > Internet.

I should have replied to an earlier post, because this is not quite on point
for this one, but ...

If finding and/or documenting a search for a previous author is going to be an
issue (as mentioned in an earlier post), should/could tldp maintain a
(private?) address "registry" for authors--make it their responsibility to
update their email (or other) address when it changes.  Of course, that puts
an onus on tldp not to lose that address registry and keep the information
private to the extent the authors prefer that.  And, you'd still need some
time built into the system so that an author is not presumed lost when he's
on vacation or ill.

Randy Kramer