discuss: Modernization/Re-Design of Website

Subject: Re: [discuss] Modernization/Re-Design of Website
From: Bradley Hook ####@####.####
Date: 27 Apr 2011 19:32:16 +0100

IANAL, but copyright depends on situation. Different jurisdictions recognize
copyright in different ways. In the USA, the author of an original or
derivative work is usually afforded an automatic copyright, but works for
hire and other conditions can change that. Since TLDP exists in the
international Linux community, assuming that US copyright practice will
prevail may not be the best option.
-
~Bradley Hook
Education/Information Officer
(913) 281-3308 x363
(913) 667-9464
< ####@####.#### >

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:11, Mark Komarinski ####@####.####

> On 04/27/2011 12:01 PM, Bruce Hill wrote:
>
>> I will live and die NEVER putting a copyright on anything, and NEVER going
>> to court if someone uses my words or wants to take me because I used their
>> words. Well, maybe I have to go, but Hell will freeze over before I pay
>> one red cent for a blood sucker called an attorney. It's not necessary
>> under my Constitutional rights, and my right to bear arms will enforce it.
>>
> Copyright is implied as soon as you write it.  You may have learned the
> techniques from someone else, but as soon as you put fingers to keyboard or
> pen to paper, it's yours.
>
> You're better off using an open license that allows modification by others
> rather than having no copyright listed and TLDP being stuck with the implied
> one that's much more restrictive.
>
> -Mark
>
> ______________________
> http://lists.tldp.org/

Kansas State School for the Blind
1100 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS  66102
(913) 281-3308

-- Notice and Disclaimer --
This communication is covered by 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is intended
for the specified individual(s) only. All messages containing academic,
medical, or employment information must be treated as confidential and
protected in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
All non-confidential contents of this message must be treated as
Internal Information of the Kansas State School for the Blind (KSSB) and
must not be disseminated publicly. KSSB information policies and
guidelines may be found on the KSSB website ( http://www.kssb.net ).

If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized delivery agent
for the intended recipient of this message, then you are hereby notified
that you have received this document in error and that any review,
dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Unintended
recipients must inform the originator of receipt of this message and
securely delete any and all copies made. Criminal and civil liability
may result from failure to appropriately handle legally protected
information.
-----