i18n: Thread: [berto@fatamorgana.com: Updating KernelAnalysis-HOWTO]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [berto@fatamorgana.com: Updating KernelAnalysis-HOWTO]
From: --s+ ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2002 11:22:47 -0000

----- Forwarded message from Roberto Arcomano ####@####.#### -----

I saw your page about translated versions of HOWTO: I also created Italian
versions for my 4 documents Wireless, VoIP, Sat, KernelAnalysis HOWTO; it is
need for you to retrieve them from ildp (Italian Linux Documentation Project)
or you can accept also them from me?

----- End forwarded message -----

Hello, of course we can, but I'd like to ask again - where
to put them on CVS tree? The full question is: if we
translate guide, do we translate each file in howto
directory or we make another directory for them?

--
      http://ibiblio.org/ser/ | http://it-zone.org/
tldp.org|gnu.org|hyperreal.info|pld-linux.org|it-zone.org
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 13 May 2002 04:06:28 -0000

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 01:22:36PM +0200, --s+ wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Roberto Arcomano ####@####.#### -----
>
> I saw your page about translated versions of HOWTO: I also created Italian
> versions for my 4 documents Wireless, VoIP, Sat, KernelAnalysis HOWTO; it is
> need for you to retrieve them from ildp (Italian Linux Documentation Project)
> or you can accept also them from me?
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> Hello, of course we can, but I'd like to ask again - where
> to put them on CVS tree? The full question is: if we
> translate guide, do we translate each file in howto
> directory or we make another directory for them?

A dir for each doc, with /en /fr /de etc. directories makes it easy to
see what's available for each doc.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

oppression to develop psychic muscles.
From: "f.riccardo" ####@####.####
Date: 15 May 2002 16:31:42 -0000

At 13.22 09/05/02 +0200, --s+ wrote:

>----- Forwarded message from Roberto Arcomano ####@####.#### -----
>
>I saw your page about translated versions of HOWTO: I also created Italian
>versions for my 4 documents Wireless, VoIP, Sat, KernelAnalysis HOWTO; it is
>need for you to retrieve them from ildp (Italian Linux Documentation Project)
>or you can accept also them from me?

Hi!
I'm the new coordinator of ILDP, in substitution of Eugenia
Franzoni.

At present I'm just updating the whole thing, which was really
out of date, so there's an unavoidable delay with new docs.

We would also create a framework to manage the state of Italian
translations. A member of Pluto begun to work on it but now he's
working on a project called GFDD (maybe you've heard something
about that), so we're very interested in such tools.

Obviously we're keeping an eye on your effort of i16g linuxdoc,
BTW some days ago I tried to find an archive of m/l but I didn't
succeed (maybe I'm wrong, I've got my hands full now).
--
best regards
riccardo fabris

Date: 15 May 2002 16:34:25 -0000

--->[Quoting f.riccardo ####@####.####

> Obviously we're keeping an eye on your effort of i16g linuxdoc,
> BTW some days ago I tried to find an archive of m/l but I didn't
> succeed (maybe I'm wrong, I've got my hands full now).

All archives will be ready in next few days on address:

	http://lists.tldp.org/