i18n: Re: [tldp-i18n] translation client

Subject: Re: [tldp-i18n] translation client
From: Ismael Olea ####@####.####
Date: 29 Mar 2005 19:34:32 -0000

El mar, 08-03-2005 a las 12:21 -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin escribió:
> Hello!

Hi Emma

> Daczi Laszlo from the Hungarian translation team has just forwarded me a
> short document on a translation client:
> 	http://tldp.fsf.hu/s3po/en/index.html
>
> Maybe this will be useful to your group as well? Do you already have a
> translation client that you use? I would love it if you could share this
> with me.

Some of us are very interested in xml2po [1] which doesn't manage
translation memories but works with any gettext editor, as kbabel which
seem to be the best floss alternative.

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-doc-utils/xml2po/

We have strong interest on XLIFF technologies but still we don't know
any usable alternative.

Other very interesting tool is OmegaT [2]. I think still lacks docbook
support but I've been said is the most similar tool to the mos used
propietary ones.

[2] http://www.omegat.org/omegat/omegat.html

> As always, the TLDP hosts an I18N discussion list for the translation
> teams. It has been very quiet, hopefully we can share our ideas there?
> You can subscribe by sending an email to:

I think I'm subscribed but didn't see activity for ages.

--

        A. Ismael Olea González

        ####@####.####  http://www.olea.org
        http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

        El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA