editors: Thread: Typo

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Typo
From: "Charles A. Landemaine" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2007 17:32:21 -0000

There's a typo in this page: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Font-HOWTO/notgood.html

Line 2: "These medias differ" should read "These media differ".

One medium, two media (like criterium and criteria)
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/medium

--
Charles A. Landemaine.
Subject: Re: [editors] Typo
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2007 19:57:40 -0000

On Monday 12 February 2007 12:06 pm, Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> There's a typo in this page:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Font-HOWTO/notgood.html

> Line 2: "These medias differ" should read "These media differ".
>
> One medium, two media (like criterium and criteria)

Well, actually I think you mean like criterion and criteria--a criterium is a
variety of race.

Randy Kramer

From: "Charles A. Landemaine" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2007 20:18:58 -0000

On 2/12/07, Randy Kramer ####@####.#### wrote:
> Well, actually I think you mean like criterion and criteria--a criterium is a
> variety of race.

Ah ah! That's true, my bad ;)

--
Charles A. Landemaine.