editors: Thread: A new volunteer

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: A new volunteer
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Dec 2006 23:06:21 -0000

Hello!
I am volunteer to be an editor in TLDP. I already had a look about the
job description and choose my first HOWTO document. It is available
here: http://linuxwiki.riverworth.com/index.php/Add_System_Call

So, would like to let you know that i am currently working on that.

Regards,
Svetoslav P. Chukov

Subject: Re: [editors] A new volunteer
From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2006 16:00:37 -0000

From: "Chris Neale" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2006 23:25:39 -0000

Hi,

To introduce myself: I am a freelance PHP developer and IT Consultant living
in the UK. I have researched, written and edited user manuals technical
reference documents for a variety of software. I have also implemented
document management and version control systems to help my clients keep
track of their documentation.

I want to help edit linux documentation. I'd like it to be clearer and more
consistent. There doesn't seem to be any simple, formal processes for
keeping track of version control or notifying the document owner of any
changes. Please can someone let me know what the scope of the LDP (does it
include HowTo's, Man pages, tutorials and guides or only some of these?).
And what is the strategy for managing the huge linux documentation portfolio
in the future? Is it going to be moved to a wiki (if so, who's going to do
it?) or is a more formal document management system like KnowledgeTree going
to be used?

As for this problem concerning Brian's wiki vs. the iBiblio wiki - if the
iBiblio wiki doesn't have enough administrators, perhaps Brian could be
given admin rights to help develop this wiki. Does this seem like a
reasonable solution?

Kind Regards,

Chris Neale
Freelance Technical Consultant & PHP Developer
+447813886337