editors: Thread: Re: [discuss] Re: [editors] A new volunteer

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: [editors] A new volunteer
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2006 19:53:43 -0000

Brian White wrote:
>> We have asked iBiblio to set up a Wiki for us, so things should start to
>> go smoother soon.
>
> Why? Do you have some overwhelming need to control all the
> documentation yourself? Nothing is done for years and then when I take
> the effort to do it myself, suddenly you want to do it instead?
>
> That's not the kind of collaboration that has build the Linux empire.
>
> "Gee, thanks for your effort Brian. We'll take it from here. Kindly go
> away now."
>
> Brian
> ( ####@####.#### )

> Don't marry someone you can live with. Marry someone you can't live
> without.
>
> ______________________
> http://lists.tldp.org/

Brian, there is nothing personally. TLDP just wants large organization
to keep the wiki.
I think the Brian is right. This wiki is not important question, just a
wiki like any other wikies in the web.
Let's make the things that Brian to be glad to work with TLDP and TLDP
to have what they want.
Is it possible to make two variants of wiki? The Brian's linux wiki and
TLDP wiki.

Let's describe my point:
- TLDP now have a wiki (from iBiblio).
- No admin for the wiki.
- No written articles in the wiki.
- Strong partner delivers the hosting of the wiki (iBiblio)

- Brian have wiki too.
- Brian is admin of the wiki already.
- Available good articles in the wiki.
- Not a strong partner that delivers the hosting...

So I think Brian has more points than iBiblio. Is there some way to set
the hosting on iBiblio and the admin to be Brian? Brian will keep his
work on the wiki and will reduce his own costs of server support.
Probably this will be better way.
Brian will be happy and TLDP will be happy too....

Regards,
Svetoslav P. Chukov