editors: Thread: Reviews required: LPI Certification Self-Study Guide

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Reviews required: LPI Certification Self-Study Guide
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jul 2004 18:44:13 -0000

Hi all,

We've posted David Horton's document to the In Progress list since
receiving the peer review, and we now need to find a couple volunteers
for technical and language reviews
(www.tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html).

Please let me and the lists know if you're available to assist!

Thanks,
Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com

From: "Tabatha Marshall" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2004 00:34:28 -0000

Michael Still said:
> Tabatha Marshall wrote:
>
>> We've posted David Horton's document to the In Progress list since
>> receiving the peer review, and we now need to find a couple volunteers
>> for technical and language reviews
>> (www.tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html).
>>
>> Please let me and the lists know if you're available to assist!
>
> I am LPIC-1 certified. Where do I find a copy?

Hi Michael,

As quoted above, a link is provided at
http://www.tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html if you'd like to take a look.
Would you like to help with a tech review since you've gone through the
certification?

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
www.merlinmonroe.com

From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2004 03:59:32 -0000

Hi

> It is short because much of it is incomplete.  I am
> still trying to find
> people to help write practice questions, answers and
> references.
>
> Dave

You should wait and complete it then before submitting
it for review. The review process expects reasonably
complete documentation. if you are going to do major
changes right after the review process it invalidates
the purpose of that reviews

regards
Rahul Sundaram

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2004 21:02:56 -0000

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 05:18, David Horton wrote:
> > > It is short because much of it is incomplete.  I am
> > > still trying to find
> > > people to help write practice questions, answers and
> > > references.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >

> > You should wait and complete it then before submitting
> > it for review. The review process expects reasonably
> > complete documentation. if you are going to do major
> > changes right after the review process it invalidates
> > the purpose of that reviews
> >
> > regards
> > Rahul Sundaram
>

> Is this the opinion of TLDP's editors?

Well if it's incomplete, I simply had it in the wrong section of the "In
Progress" list.  It's been moved to the second list, which is "Documents
in Progress" rather than in "Documents to Review" which should take care
of it!

Thanks, Emma!

From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2004 22:02:52 -0000

Hi

> > You should wait and complete it then before
> submitting
> > it for review. The review process expects
> reasonably
> > complete documentation. if you are going to do
> major
> > changes right after the review process it
> invalidates
> > the purpose of that reviews
> >
> > regards
> > Rahul Sundaram
>

> Is this the opinion of TLDP's editors?

No. I dont represent them but they would probably
agree
regards
Rahul Sundaram

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo