editors: Thread: New Reviewers!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: New Reviewers!
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 11 Nov 2003 22:52:50 -0000

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that within two days, FOUR new reviewers have
joined the team!

Please welcome Emily Moon, Jennifer Riley, Yara Caldeira-Drawhorn and
Carrie Mylott to the LDP.  We're very glad to have you on board!

These folks are busy joining mailing lists, getting familiar with the
site, and getting to know the processes.  While we continue to put new
documentation through reviews, I'll be using this as an opportunity to
make a dent in the existing collection.

Thanks very much,
Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com

Subject: Re: New Reviewers!
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 12 Nov 2003 07:31:49 -0000

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 22:48, David Lawyer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 02:52:18PM -0800, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> > Please welcome Emily Moon, Jennifer Riley, Yara Caldeira-Drawhorn and
> > Carrie Mylott to the LDP.  We're very glad to have you on board!
>
> Will they do technical reviews?

As much as possible, though I think technical reviews might need to be
treated somewhat differently, since all the reviewers can't possibly be
expected to understand all the material presented.

This is something I thought about, and the right system could handle
this by allowing for "quick reviews" whereby members or nonmembers can
offer their techncial critique of a document, which can then be noted in
its record.

I imagine that finding people skilled enough to do this will always be
an ongoing effort.  I always hope that the "peer review" we put new
documents through takes care of it a little.  At least it's a chance for
more than one set of eyes to see if an author's method works.

Tab